[Openstack-operators] Intel 10 GbE / bonding issue with hash policy layer3+4

Wed Mar 23 15:45:17 UTC 2016

Sascha,

What version of the ixgbe driver are you using? Is it the same on both
kernels? Have you tried the latest "out of tree driver" from E1000 to see if
the issue goes away?

I follow the E1000 mailing list and I seem to recall some rather recent
posts regarding bonding and the ixgbe along with some patches being applied
to the driver, however I don't know what version of kernel these issues were
on, or even if the patches were accepted.

https://sourceforge.net/p/e1000/mailman/e1000-devel/thread/87618083B2453E4A8
714035B62D67992504FB5FF%40FMSMSX105.amr.corp.intel.com/#msg34727125

Something about a timing issue with detecting the slave's link speed and
passing that information to the bonding driver in a timely fashion.

Tom Walsh
ExpressHosting
https://expresshosting.net/