[Openstack-operators] Austin Summit Ops Summit - Agenda Brainstorming

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Tue Mar 22 02:11:16 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Thanks for those who made it to the meetup last month in Manchester. It
was a fantastic couple of days, and many are excited to get started on
talking about our ops summit at Austin.

Based on your feedback, we have moved this back to Monday, so it no
longer conflicts with the critical design summit streams, such as
cross-project. We have also arranged space for an informal/unplanned
session on the Friday, as happened in Tokyo.

Please recall that this is in addition to the operations and other
conference track's presentations. It's aimed at giving us a
design-summit-style place to congregate, swap best practices, ideas and
give feedback. :)

As usual, we're working to act on the feedback from all past events to
make this one better than ever. One that we continue to work on is the
need to see action happen as a result of this event, so please - when
you are suggesting sessions in the below etherpad please try and phrase
them in a way that will probably result in things happening afterward.

Please propose session ideas on:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/AUS-ops-meetup

ensuring each session suggestion will have a result.

The room allocations are still being worked out, but the current
thinking is that we will run both general sessions and working groups in
parallel on Monday, to give the rest of the week free to attend the
other design summit and conference tracks. Then on Friday, we'll have
the informal meetup for half a day.

More as it comes, and as always, further information about ops meetups
and notes from the past can be found on the wiki @:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Operations/Meetups

Finally, don't forget to register ASAP!
https://openstacksummit2016austin.eventbrite.com/