[Openstack-operators] [openstack-operators][neutron][telemetry] manual creation of metering labels and rules

Rubab Syed rubab.syed21 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 19:17:43 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I'm trying to understand the metering of network traffic at l3 level with
neutron-metering-agent [1]. In order to meter the traffic, we have to
create explicit labels and rules. When we have a very large setup, is this
still handled manually? Do we have some kind of automation script that
detects all the networks attached to all routers of all the tenants and
creates labels and rules accordingly? All traffic in case we want to
monitor per interface bandwidth through ceilometer/monasca.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/Metering/Bandwidth

Thanks,
Rubab