[Openstack-operators] [Rally] Scale testing of openstack

Dina Belova dbelova at mirantis.com
Thu Mar 10 16:49:55 UTC 2016

Akshay,

you may try to use
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/rally/plugin/plugin_reference.html#novaservers-boot-server-scenario
and
specify two contexts in the scenario configuration: user context for tenant
creation and network context for networks creation for these tenants.
Scenario itself will be creating the VMs and link them to the networks.

Cheers,
Dina

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 6:03 PM, Akshay Kumar Sanghai <
akshaykumarsanghai at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a openstack setup with 1 controller node, 1 network node and 2
> compute nodes. I want to perform scale testing of the setup in the
> following manner:
>
> - Create 10 tenants
> - Create 1 router per tenant
> - Create 100 neutron networks across 10 tenants attached to the router
> - Create 500 VMs spread across 10 tenants attached to the networks
>
> Individually, I can create tenants, routers , networks ,vms , but I don't
> know how to keep them interconnected meaning the networks connecting to
> those existing router and then  VMs connecting to those networks.
>
> Please suggest me if some plugin is already available and  how to generate
> load from those VMs
>

> Thanks,
> Akshay Sanghai

Best regards,