[Openstack-operators] Setting affinity based on instance type

Kris G. Lindgren klindgren at godaddy.com
Wed Mar 2 23:08:47 UTC 2016

You can set attributes on flavors that must match the attributes on hosts or the host aggregates.  So you can basically always make sure a specific flavors goes to a specific compute node or type (like disks=ssd or class=gpu).  Look at nova flavor extra_specs documentation and the aggregate_Instance_extra_specs under the scheduler options.

Kris Lindgren
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
GoDaddy