[Openstack-operators] [openstack-community] We are OpenStack, but who is We?

Edgar Magana edgar.magana at workday.com
Wed Mar 2 00:15:17 UTC 2016

Dear Pierre and Ops Community,

My name is Edgar Magana and I am of the three members of the User Committee (UC) [1]. One of the goals that we have in mind is to formalize the role and recognition of operators within the OpenStack community, as Lauren has briefly mentioned in her email. We have an initial draft of the formal proposal that we are going to make it available to everybody no later that in a couple of days from today. I wanted to make sure that you and the ops community are aware of User Committee and the work that we are doing. Please, consider to attend our IRC meetings [2].

The User Committee references:
https://www.openstack.org/foundation/user-committee/
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/UserCommittee

We are taking into account your feedback and please provide your input as soon as we distribute the recognition proposal via the mailing lists.

Thank you so much,

Edgar Magana,
Cloud Operations Architect
Workday, Inc.