[Openstack-operators] Bandwidth limitations

Kris G. Lindgren klindgren at godaddy.com
Wed Jun 29 16:50:46 UTC 2016

I would also look at seeing how its doing it.  IN the past what it did was drop packets over a specific threshold which is really really really terrible.  We do some traffic policing on some of our vm's – but we do it outside of openstack via a qemu hook and setting up our own qdisc and ifb device for each tap device that we want to police.

https://github.com/godaddy/openstack-traffic-shaping

Kris Lindgren
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
GoDaddy