[Openstack-operators] Shared Storage for compute nodes

Michael Stang michael.stang at dhbw-mannheim.de
Tue Jun 21 07:27:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

I wonder what is the recommendation for a shared storage for the compute nodes?
At the moment we are using an iSCSI device which is served to all compute nodes
with multipath, the filesystem is OCFS2. But this makes it a little unflexible
in my opinion, because you have to decide how many compute nodes you will have
in the future.

So is there any suggestion which kind of shared storage to use for the compute
nodes and what filesystem?

Thanky,
Michael