[Openstack-operators] Duplicates and confusion in nova policy.json files

Belmiro Moreira moreira.belmiro.email.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 07:41:10 UTC 2016

Hi Sam,
can you describe a little bit the issues that you experienced with the
policy files,
and how you fixed them?

In my test env for the upgrade to Liberty and using the policy files from
Kilo and I'm also seeing some problems.
For example operations that are not allowed by policy (ex: resize) are only
caught
at child cell level and not in the top api. So, the user doesn't see that
the operation is forbidden.
I still didn't dig into the issue, but I'm assuming it's something related
with v2.1.

thanks,
Belmiro