[Openstack-operators] Keystone to drop support for driver versioning…

De Rose, Ronald ronald.de.rose at intel.com
Wed Jun 15 17:22:03 UTC 2016

Operators,

We did not receive any feedback that dropping Keystone driver versioning would negatively impact anyone.  Thus, the Keystone team met yesterday and decided to drop support for driver versioning.  However, we will continue to support current legacy drivers.

Moving forward though, what this means is, that if a Keystone driver interface changes and you have a custom implementation, you would need to upgrade your custom drivers to meet the new interface in order to upgrade OpenStack.  Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Ron

Ron De Rose
Intel (Keystone Developer)

More information on Keystone drivers can be found here:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/keystone/developing_drivers.html