[Openstack-operators] How are people dealing with API rate limiting?

Kingshott, Daniel Daniel.Kingshott at bestbuy.com
Tue Jun 14 16:10:04 UTC 2016

We use Haproxy to load balance API requests and applied rate limiting
there.

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Matt Riedemann
<mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

A question came up in the nova IRC channel this morning about the
api_rate_limit config option in nova which was only for the v2 API.

Sean Dague explained that it never really worked because it was per API
server so if you had more than one API server it was busted. There is no
in-tree replacement in nova.

So the open question here is, what are people doing as an alternative?

When I was working at Rackspace, we used
http://www.openrepose.org/ <http://www.openrepose.org/> to handle multi
server rate-limiting for these cases.

-Alex

Matt Riedemann