[Openstack-operators] How are people dealing with API rate limiting?

Matt Fischer matt at mattfischer.com
Tue Jun 14 15:17:21 UTC 2016

I will posit that anyone who is interested in rate limiting is probably
already load balancing their API servers. We've been looking into rate
limiting at the load balancers, but have not needed to implement it yet.
That will likely be our solution when its finally implemented.

Question: If there is rate limiting setup will it limit connections from
the load balancer or from the origin of the traffic? The former seems
possibly harmful and confusing.