[Openstack-operators] DVR (kilo) connecting subnets in different routers

Gustavo Randich gustavo.randich at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 20:39:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

(Using Kilo/DVR)

I want to connect two tenant subnets which are connected to different
routers.

I had to add a port in tenant-network1 as an interface in router2 and a
port in tenant-network2 as an interface in router1 to make it work. I.e.,
if I only add network1 to router2, DVR does not route back the traffic.

Is this expected?

Thanks

# CREATE ROUTER / NETWORK 1
neutron net-create tenant-network1
neutron subnet-create tenant-network1 10.97.0.0/25 --name subnet1 --gateway
10.97.0.1
neutron router-create router1
neutron router-gateway-set router1 admin-external-vlan
neutron router-interface-add router1 subnet1

# CREATE ROUTER / NETWORK 2
neutron net-create tenant-network2
neutron subnet-create tenant-network2 10.97.2.0/25 --name subnet2 --gateway
10.97.2.1
neutron router-create router2
neutron router-gateway-set router2 admin-external-vlan
neutron router-interface-add router2 subnet2

# CONNECT SUBNET 1 & 2
neutron port-create tenant-network1 # capture portid
neutron router-interface-add router2 port=$portid
neutron port-create tenant-network2 # capture portid
neutron router-interface-add router1 port=$portid