[Openstack-operators] Ops Meetups Team - Next Meeting Coordinates and News

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Thu Jun 2 04:33:31 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Thank you very much to the dozen of you who participated in our second
meeting. We had some fantastic discussion, summarised below (the meeting
overview can be found at [3] and the full log at [4]).

==Next Meeting==
Unless there is further discussion, this the next meeting is at:

==> Tuesday, 14 of Jun at 1400 UTC[1] in #openstack-operators

[2] will be kept up to date with information about the meeting time and
agenda

==August Meetup==
Since there really isn't a lot of time left and we have proposals
already, we decided for this time we would not do the open call.
So, gfa, shintano and I will be working behind the scenes with Bestbuy
(Seattle) and Bloomberg (NYC) a little bit to get further details on
their venues - we will report to the group as soon as we have some
progress so we can make a decision for the August meetup.

==Meetup size==
We had a great discussion on meetup size and it's looking like 150-200
is the proposal, please participate in Matt Jarvis' thread at:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-operators/2016-June/010607.html

==Waitlist management==
There was a good proposal on how to manage the waitlist (give those that
missed out first go at the next one). mrhillsman will write that up and
send it through to the list shortly.

Regards,

Tom

[1]