[Openstack-operators] Ops Meetup event sizes

David Medberry openstack at medberry.net
Wed Jun 1 19:29:15 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 2:12 AM, Matt Jarvis <matt.jarvis at datacentred.co.uk>
wrote:

> The general consensus in the discussions we've had, and from the Austin
> summit sessions and the Manchester feedback session, is that between
> 150-200 attendees should be the maximum size.

Two comments, points

1) The last day of the Austin summit, ops had their own room. It was very
poorly organized and had about 40ish seats and another 10-20 people on the
floor. Even with just 40ish before it got SROd, it was difficult (again,
primarily because of the layout) to keep to one conversation and have
everyone interested participate. That said, I think the layouts we've had
for the Mid-Cycles I've been to are more amenable to discussion with kind
of podium and audience layout.

2) I think with that podium/audience layout 200 is doable 300 is probably
max. We'll still need quite a few 2ary rooms of at least 20 people size to
make progress in breakouts.

So, I'm 300ish max.