[Openstack-operators] [kolla] question of default users for operators

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Sat Jul 30 03:35:20 UTC 2016

Hey folks,

In Kolla we have a significant bug in that Horizon can't be used because it requires a member user.  We have a few approaches to fixing this problem in mind, but want to understand what Operators want.  Devstack itself has switched between member and _member_ although Devstack isn't our reference: Operators are.

Which of those do operators prefer (if either).

Another question was whether we should create a default user named "user" and use this in place of member.

Thoughts welcome.

Regards
-steve