[Openstack-operators] PCI Passthrough issues

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Wed Jul 27 20:16:46 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 05:09:21PM +1000, Blair Bethwaite wrote:

:Next question - has anyone figured out how to make GPU P2P work? We
:haven't tried very hard yet, but with our current setup we're telling
:Nova to pass through the GK210GL "3D controller" and that results in
:the guest seeing individual GPUs attached to a virtualised PCI bus,
:even when e.g. passing through two K80s on the same board. Next
:obvious step is to try passing through the on-board PLX PCI bridge,
:but wondering whether anyone else has been down this path yet?

I've noticed that, but haven't tried to address it yet.

Love to hear if someone does have a fix.

-Jon