[Openstack-operators] Cinder multi backends with nova-compute nodes

Alex Kang thkang0 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 01:17:29 UTC 2016

Hi all

I am setting up Openstack Mitaka with multi backends of Cinder on Ubuntu.

Cinder multi backends are EMC San FC and Ceph backend and it's quite
working well.

But I am thinking about dividing nova compute nodes which use specific
backend.

For example, I have 10 nova compute nodes and 5 nodes use EMC San FC
backend and the other 5 nodes use Ceph backend.

Do you think this is possible to setup nova compute configuration?

I found that ceph supports nova configuration multiple ceph backends like
this.

http://ceph.com/planet/openstack-nova-configure-multiple-ceph-backends-on-one-hypervisor/

Any idea of my situation to solve it?

Thanks