[Openstack-operators] Anyone else use vendordata_driver in nova.conf?

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Jul 11 22:35:40 UTC 2016

Just an update on this work.

The punch line is that I think this code is unlikely to land in Newton. It
has until Wednesday to be finalized, and I don't see that happening in
time. That said, I'm still _trying_ to land it.

The current sticking point is that nova-core doesn't want to pass
system-metadata to plugins, as the internal format of that changes between
releases and isn't intended to be versioned. Instead, we want to pass just
the specific bits people need.

So -- what things are you using from system-metadata specifically?

Michael

Rackspace Australia