[Openstack-operators] [gnocchi] profiling and benchmarking 2.1.x

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Mon Jul 4 23:32:34 UTC 2016

hi folks,

i didn't get as far as i'd hope so i've decided to release what i have
currently and create another deck for more 'future enhancements'
benchmarking.

the following deck aims to show how performance changes as you scale out
Ceph and some configuration options that can help stabilise Gnocchi+Ceph
performance: http://www.slideshare.net/GordonChung/gnocchi-profiling-v2.

this is by no means a large scale architecture -- the tests are run
against tens of thousands metrics currently -- but it's a start until we
get more data. i'm hoping to test against a larger dataset going
forward. also, will be testing some enhancements we've been discussing
for Gnocchi 3.x

hope it helps.

cheers,

On 25/06/2016 8:50 AM, Curtis wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 2:09 PM, gordon chung <gord at live.ca> wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> i realised i didn't post this beyond IRC, so here are some initial
>> numbers for some performance/benchmarking i did on Gnocchi.
>>
>> http://www.slideshare.net/GordonChung/gnocchi-profiling-21x
>>
>> as a headsup, the data above is using Ceph and with pretty much a
>> default configuration. i'm currently doing more tests to see how it
>> works if you actually start turning some knobs on Ceph (spoiler: it gets
>> better).
>
> Thanks Gordon. I will definitely take a look through your slides.
> Looking forward to what test results you get when you start turning
> some knobs.
>
> Thanks,
> Curtis.
>

>> cheers,