[Openstack-operators] Migration Openstack Instances and cloud-init

Michael Stang michael.stang at dhbw-mannheim.de
Fri Jul 1 06:02:54 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I tried to copy instances (based on the ubuntu cloud image) from our production
cloud to our test cloud according to this description

http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/cli_use_snapshots_to_migrate_instances.html

but when I start the instance on the test cloud the root password ist resetet
and it seems that the cloud-init is invoked and change the instance like it is
the first start. Is there a way to prevent this behaviour so the instance stays
unchanged when I start it on the test cloud?

Thanks and kind regards,
Michael