[Openstack-operators] Upstream University: Signup for Mentors and Mentees

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 19:04:45 UTC 2016

Hello all!

I'm trying to gather how much interest there is do an Upstream University at
the Austin summit as we've done at the summits since Paris. Here's an excerpt
from the training guides about the program [1]:

We've designed a training program to help professional developers negotiate
this hurdle. It shows them how to ensure their bug fix or feature is accepted
in the OpenStack project in a minimum amount of time. The educational program
requires students to work on real-life bug fixes or new features during two
days of real-life classes and online mentoring, until the work is accepted by
OpenStack. The live two-day class teaches them to navigate the intricacies of
the project's technical tools and social interactions. In a followup session,
the students benefit from individual online sessions to help them resolve any
remaining problems they might have.

In order for this program to be successful, we need mentors and
students/mentees. If you're available April 23-24 before the summit starts in
Austin, TX and want to help others and mentor or just want to learn more on
contributing to OpenStack, please sign up and check the box that indicates
you're interested in the Upstream University.

https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/mentoring

Even if you're unable to participate, please consider spreading the word so
this event can be a success!

[1] - https://github.com/openstack/training-guides/blob/master/doc/upstream-training/upstream-details.rst#first-day

--
Mike Perez