[Openstack-operators] how to get glance images for a specific tenant with the openstack client ?

David Wahlstrom david.wahlstrom at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:59:05 UTC 2016

We have an image promotion process that does this for us.  The command I
use to get images from a specific tenant is:

glance --os-image-api-version 1 image-list --owner=<uuid>

I'm sure using the v1 API will make some cringe, but I haven't found
anything similar in the v2 API.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Steve Martinelli <stevemar at ca.ibm.com>
wrote:

> You can also use `openstack image list --long` -- this should include the
> owner ID (which is the project ID) and do some grepping and cutting for
> that output. Not the cleanest, but it'll work.
>
> $ openstack image list --long --format value | grep $project_id | cut -f 1
> -d " "
>
> Adding to Thomas' suggestion, you can use `--format value and -c ID` to
> only get the image IDs
>
> $ openstack image list --property owner=1ed19ee75d6840cf94cfb04e4405a25e
> --format value -c ID
> ab1629bc-692c-4947-b3f1-968cbdfcd55c
> 8360a76c-ee86-4a52-8735-d9a3b9f5ce3a
> c12b0aff-2b88-4060-ae2b-3208e0edbd6c
>
> Of course, if you feel strongly that there should be a `--project
> <project_id>` option directly, then please report a bug:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-openstackclient/+filebug
>

> Thomas Blank - Hetzner Online AG <thomas.blank at hetzner.de> wrote on
> 2016/01/25 10:49:34 AM:
>
> > From: Thomas Blank - Hetzner Online AG <thomas.blank at hetzner.de>
> > To: openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org
> > Date: 2016/01/25 10:52 AM
> > Subject: Re: [Openstack-operators] how to get glance images for a
> > specific tenant with the openstack client ?
>

> > Hey there,
> >
> > have you tried using the --property option of the openstack-client?
> > You could filter images by their owner (openstack_project_id or name).
> >
> > "openstack image list --property owner=[openstack_project_id]"
> >
> > see:
> >
> > http://docs.openstack.org/developer/python-openstackclient/command-
> > objects/image.html#cmdoption-image-list--property
> >
> > thomas blank,
> >

> > On 25.01.2016 16:19, Saverio Proto wrote:
> > > Hello there,
> > >
> > > I need to delete some users  and tenants from my public cloud. Before
> > > deleting the users and tenants from keystone, I need to delete all the
> > > resources in the tenants.
> > >
> > > I am stucked listing the glance images uploaded in a specific tenant.
> > > I cannot find the way, I always get either all the images in the
> > > system, or just the ones of the active OS_TENANT_NAME
> > >
> > > openstack help image list
> > > usage: openstack image list [-h] [-f {csv,json,table,value,yaml}]
> > [-c COLUMN]
> > >                             [--max-width <integer>] [--noindent]
> > >                             [--quote {all,minimal,none,nonnumeric}]
> > >                             [--public | --private | --shared]
> > >                             [--property <key=value>] [--long]
> > >                             [--sort <key>[:<direction>]]
> > >
> > > As a work around I can add a user with member role in the tenant, and
> > > list in that way ... but, there is really no way to specifiy
> > > --tenant=id in the openstack client ?
> > >
> > > thank you
> > >
> > > Saverio

David W.
Unix, because every barista in Seattle has an MCSE.