[Openstack-operators] Cleanup of /var/log/libvirt/qemu/

Arne Wiebalck Arne.Wiebalck at cern.ch
Thu Jan 21 17:02:34 UTC 2016

Dear all,

On compute nodes with high instance turn-over we’re accumulating quite some log files in /var/log/libvirt/qemu/.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+source/nova-compute/+bug/1460197 is mentioning this issue as well.

While removing log files should probably done by libvirt/qemu on instance deletion, having a stand-alone script
interfacing with libvirt (which is then invoked by cron) or patching the nova liibvirt driver to delete log files as part
of the instance clean-up is what we’re currently thinking of as options.

Before going any further, though, I wanted to quickly reach out if someone already has a good way of dealing with
these.

Thanks!
 Arne

--