[Openstack-operators] [tags] Ironic tags needs update

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Thu Jan 7 04:11:05 UTC 2016

On 06/01/16 20:35, Thiago Paiva Brito wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I found that the information about the maturity indicators for the
> Ironic project on the Project Navigator
> (https://www.openstack.org/software/project-navigator/) needs some update.
>
> #1 The first indicator is "Is there an install guide for this project
> guide (at docs.openstack.org)?" which can be found here:
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ironic/deploy/install-guide.html
>
> #2 The second indicator says "Number of software development kits (SDKs)
> which support this project". We now have two SDK's supporting Ironic
> (and the OpenstackClient one is on its way):
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStackClients#python-ironicclient
> (I've put it in the wiki today)
> https://github.com/openstack-infra/shade/
>
> Please, take it into account on the ops tags henceforth. The Project
> Navigator is a great tool to help people assert the risk of adopting one
> of our projects. From the Ironic team standpoint, it could help a lot on
> building consumer trust on our service.
>
> Whatever we can help to make it as accurate and up-to-date as possible,
> please, let us know.

Hi Thiago,

Thanks for the write-up! I like that the ironic install guide supports
multiple distros.

If you could send a patch to the repo (git clone
https://github.com/openstack/ops-tags-team/ ) it will be reflected on
the site more or less as soon as it's merged.

You might also be interested in the last patch on SDK counts for ironic.
There's a small amount of discussion there worth reading :)

Regards,

Tom