[Openstack-operators] [nova] Do you, or your users, have input on how get-me-a-network should work in Nova?

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Sat Feb 27 02:13:20 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016, at 04:06 AM, Matt Jarvis wrote:
> Out of interest, are there really OpenStack public clouds where the cloud
> provider doesn't automatically provision an initial network and router ?

I can think of two off the top of my head. HPCloud definitely didn't
when I got my accounts (but may have later on?). The other isn't a true
public cloud but I had to provision all this on the new OSIC cloud.

Regardless of whether or not your cloud does a smart thing I think the
idea is to make sure that all clouds work by default and make user lives
easier regardless of the underlying networking choices that a cloud has
made.

Clark