[Openstack-operators] [nova][neutron] What are your cells networking use cases?

Kris G. Lindgren klindgren at godaddy.com
Thu Feb 25 23:34:47 UTC 2016

To follow up on the relay idea.  In our implementation we have looked at trying to enable ip_helper on the switches to forward dhcp to a set of defined neutron dhcp servers.  The issue is that this turns the dhcp requests from a broadcast packet to a unicast packet.  With the default way neutron configures each dhcp agent (in its own network name space) - I could not think of a way, outside of a total hack, to get the unicast packet into the correct namespace.

Kris Lindgren
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
GoDaddy