[Openstack-operators] [kolla] Question about how Operators deploy

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Sun Feb 14 12:44:15 UTC 2016

Hey folks,

I guess we agreed to do this at the Kolla midcycle already, but the core team is mostly on vacation this week, and I was having trouble getting a discussion going on this on IRC.  The team talks faster then I can write notes :)  I really want to thank the Operators that have responded on this thread - its really fantastic to see Operators "bother" to care about a new deployment tool since past deployment tools have been so painful :)

On that note, if there are other requirements where Kolla doesn't really meet an Operational deployment needs, we would definitely like to know.  I think deployment tools are developed mostly in a vacuum and that's a real shame.  We have some operational experience on our development team, but more feedback is better then less.

Here is Sam's email to me that he asked me to forward to the operator's list.  Sam is a core reviewer in the Kolla project and doing the external ssl work.  He is having permissions problems posting to the list.