[Openstack-operators] [keystone] Usage of trusts with v2.0 authentication

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 17:06:10 UTC 2016

When trusts were implemented, they were designed to work as an extension
under the version 3 API. The implementation didn't prevent the use of a
trust to authenticate against version 2.0, which was never officially
documented in the v2.0 API docs.

The keystone team is curious if there is anyone creating trusts using v3
and then using them against version 2.0. If not, we'd like to
remove/deprecate support for that case in v2.0. If so, then we'll have to
add official documentation for trusts against v2.0 and incorporate that
case into fernet.

Thanks!

Lance