[Openstack-operators] Draft Agenda for MAN Ops Meetup (Feb 15, 16)

darren chan dazzachan at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 2 03:55:35 UTC 2016

I've spoken with Alexandra Settle, and she can moderate a session about Operations Guide improvements.

    On Thursday, 21 January 2016, 5:03, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org> wrote:

  Hi all,

Matt, Nick and myself took some time to take our suggestions from the etherpad and attempted to wrangle them into something that would fit in the space we have over 2 days.

As a reminder, we have two different kind of sessions - General Sessions, which are discussions for the operator community aimed to produce actions (eg best practices, feedback on badness), and Working groups focus on specific topics aiming to make concrete progress on tasks in that area.

As always, some stuff has been munged and mangled in an attempt to fit it in so please take a look at the below and reply with your comments! Is anything missing? Something look like a terrible idea? Want to completely change the room layout? There's still a little bit of flexibility at this stage.

| Day 1 | Room 1
  | Room 2
  | Room 3

| 9:00 - 10:00 | Registration |

| 10:00 - 10:30 | Introduction + History of Ops Meetups + Intro to working groups |

| 10:30 - 11:15 | How to engage with the community |

| 11:15 - 11:20 | Breakout explanation |

| 11:20 - 12:00 | Tokyo highlights | Keystone and Federation |

| 12:00 - 13:30 | Lunch |

| 13:30 - 14:10 | Upgrade challenges, LTS releases, patches and packaging | Experience with Puppet Deployments | HPC / Scientific WG |
| 14:10 - 14:50 | Upgrade challenges, LTS releases, patches and packaging | Post-Puppet deployment patterns | HPC / Scientific WG |
| 14:50 - 15:20 | Coffee |

| 15:20 - 16:00 | Neutron Operational best practices | HA at the Hypervisor level |

| 16:00 - 16:40 | OSOps - what is it, where is it going, what you can do | OpenStack Ansible Project Update |

| 16:40 - 17:00 | Breakout Reports |

| 17:00 - 18:00 | Arch Show and Tell |

| 18.00 - | Drinks and pizza event |

| Day 2 | Room 1
  | Room 2
  | Room 3

| 9:00 - 09:45 | UX priorities for development - what's broken for you ? GUI, CLI, API |

| 9:45 - 10:30 | Integrations - billing, signups |

| 10:30 - 11:15 | Nova status (including live upgrade etc.) | Ceph integration |

| 11:15 - 11:30 | Coffee |

| 11:30 - 11:35 | Breakout explanation |

| 11:35 - 12:20 | Live migration status | User stories writing |

| 12:20 - 13:30 | Lunch |

| 13:30 - 14:15 | Containers - who and how | OSOPs - working session | Large Deployment Team |
| 14:15 - 15:00 | Project Kuryr - container networking in Neutron | Monitoring and Tools WG | Large Deployment Team |
| 15:00 - 15:30 | Coffee |

| 15:30 - 16:00 | Breakout Reports |

| 16:00 - 17:00 | Feedback Session |

 <!--#yiv7841325755 td {border:1px solid #ccc;}#yiv7841325755 br {}-->

There will be a followup email shortly regarding moderators for the sessions - thanks to those who volunteered so far!

Regards,

Tom