[Openstack-operators] YAML config

Alexis Lee lxsli at hpe.com
Mon Feb 1 16:54:39 UTC 2016

Hi operators,

I have a spec up to allow config files to be specified as YAML instead
of INI: https://review.openstack.org/273468

The main benefit from my perspective is being able to use YAML tooling
to transform config (EG as part of an Ansible run). Crudini doesn't work
well with MultiStrOpts.

There's also a patch to allow logging config to be specified as YAML:
https://review.openstack.org/259000

The main benefit here is not having to declare your handlers, loggers
and formatters before defining them. This has caught my team a couple of
times when making logging changes.

Are these features you are interested in or should I let them die?

Alexis (lxsli)
--
Nova developer, Hewlett-Packard Limited.
Registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 1HN.