[Openstack-operators] [openstack-operators][openstack-ansible]

Jean-Philippe Evrard Jean-Philippe.Evrard at rackspace.co.uk
Mon Dec 19 07:35:38 UTC 2016

Hello,

This sounds like an interesting issue that we should fix as soon as possible.
May I ask you more details on the channel?

It’s still brainstorming, but I think that if you clear facts, destroy/upgrade one controller node, then make sure this controller node has a repo under 16.04, it should be the basis for the rest of the infrastructure, and ssl libs linking shouldn’t be an issue.
Could you make sure the other repo containers are stopped, this way your load balancer always returns the repo server on the new controller?
Then, we doing openstack services upgrade, could you continue the way you explained by destroying the container (let’s say for glance for example) and rebuilding? It should be taking the new repo server with the new venv, which should be fine (in theory).

When all of that is done, I think we could have lots of fun with the ssl libs issue :D

Best regards,
JP