[Openstack-operators] [Puppet][Neutron] Mitaka ML2/OVS config file mismatch

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Wed Aug 31 15:05:56 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I'm woking on testing my jump from Kilo->Mitaka

Using puppet on ubuntu 14.04 with cloud archive packages.

Puppet seems to be writing the ml2/ovs configs into
/etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini

which is where the previously were, so I've spent a few day going
around on this thinking I'd missed adding a newly reqired bit or
something ...

But /etc/init/neutron-openvswitch-agent.conf doesn't reference this
file, it uses:

--config-file=/etc/neutron/neutron.conf \
--config-file=/etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/openvswitch_agent.ini

I must have done something weird since lots of people must have used
puppet on mitaka by now.  Anyone know what?

Thanks,
-Jon