[Openstack-operators] Converged infrastructure

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Wed Aug 31 14:13:54 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 01:01:56PM +0100, Matt Jarvis wrote:

:   Like a lot of others we run Ceph, and we absolutely don't converge our
:   storage and compute nodes for a variety of performance and management
:   related reasons. In our experience, the hardware and tuning
:   characteristics of both types of nodes are pretty different, in any
:   kind of recovery scenarios Ceph eats memory, and it feels like creating
:   a SPOF.

We do what you do for the reasons you mention :0

I guess I could spin an argument the other way and think of some ways
to make it go, but since we don't I won't wax theoretical about it.

-Jon