[Openstack-operators] Neutron Allow tenants to select Fixed VM IPs

William Josefsson william.josefson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 16:06:09 UTC 2016

Hi Kosnik. thanks. Is there any way in the GUI for the user to do that, or
they need to do cli 'neutron port-create ...' ?
Maybe I can pre-create the fixed IPs as admin, but how do a standard tenant
user select the Ports just created ..  just as they select the
Networks/Subnets during 'Launch an instance'?

I notice while provisioning that the IP number increments all the time,
even if previous instances with lower IPs are deleted. What will happen
eventually when I reach the last IP, will the lower number IPs be reused,
or what would the behavior be? thx will