[Openstack-operators] Neutron Allow tenants to select Fixed VM IPs

William Josefsson william.josefson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:01:40 UTC 2016

Hi,

I wonder if there's any way of allowing my users to select fixed IPs for
the VMs? I do shared Provider networks, VLAN on Liberty/CentOS.

I know nova boot from the CLI or API has *v4-fixed-ip=ip-addr* option,
however is there any way in the Dashboard where the User can select static
IP?

I would also appreciate if anyone can explain the default dnsmasq dhcpd
lease. Will a VM always get the same IP during it's life time, or it may
change? thx will