[Openstack-operators] Designate service

Alexandra Kisin KISIN at il.ibm.com
Thu Aug 25 10:55:41 UTC 2016

Hello, I'm operating Liberty openstack environment and using Designate
service for DNS based on PowerDNS.
Everything is working and syncing fine except one important thing - there
are only A records in dns and no PTR records.
And we have some applications and services which require reverse naming.
My question is how it can be implemented in Liberty environment ?
How I can define additional reverse domain in
/etc/designate/designate.conf file and make reverse naming to be
registered automatically once the instance was deployed ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Alexandra Kisin
Servers & Network group, IBM R&D Labs in Israel
Unix & Virtualization Team

Phone: +972-48296172 | Mobile: +972-54-6976172 | Fax: +972-4-8296111