[Openstack-operators] Mitaka live snapshot of instances not working

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 15:48:51 UTC 2016

Hello,

you might want to read also this old thread:
https://www.mail-archive.com/openstack-operators@lists.openstack.org/msg05142.html

to debug this issue, get a shell on the compute node where the
instance is running. When requesting the snapshot check these two
folders:

/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/save/
/var/lib/nova/instances/snapshots/

It could be that the snapshot fails just because you dont have enough
free space in these two folders.

Please let us know if this is the case.

thank you

Saverio