[Openstack-operators] Multiple DHCP Agents

David Wahlstrom david.wahlstrom at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 21:27:21 UTC 2016

Hey everybody,

We're working on getting some dhcp-agent's running on our deployment.  We
have 40-some hypervisors and were thinking about deploying an agent to
some/most/a few of them.  What I'm curious about is the recommended way to
have multiple dhcp-agents running and if there is any notable downside to
simply running a dhcp-agent on every hypervisor and tune the
'dhcp_agents_per_network' value to a sane value (something like 2 or 3).
We are using neutron DVR for our L3.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

--
David W.
Unix, because every barista in Seattle has an MCSE.