[Openstack-operators] [nova] can we lock RPC version with upgrade_levels on neutron-openvswitch-agent ?

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 22:02:14 UTC 2016

(Adding back ops@)

Michał Jastrzębski <inc007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, but it's a bit different. Difference being if you're doing it
> right, you can keep nova running during upgrade. Can't say the same
> for neutron.

There is ongoing work to make it possible. The way it looks now, it will
take Ocata the least. Till that happy time, you should indeed all
controllers before upgrading database.

That said, you can still run your agents while you upgrade your controller
nodes. Once you are done with controllers, you can upgrade one remaining
node running agents at a time.

Ihar