[Openstack-operators] can we lock RPC version with upgrade_levels on neutron-openvswitch-agent ?

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 16:05:28 UTC 2016

Hello,

we are doing the upgrade Kilo to Liberty pet by pet.

We already upgraded successfully Keystone and Glance.

Now I started the Nova pet upgrade. For the controller node it was ok.

As soon as I upgraded the compute nodes I had a problem with neutron.

I can't lock the neutron-openvswitch-agent to and earlier RPC version,
so I get in my logs:

RemoteError: Remote error: UnsupportedVersion Endpoint does not
support RPC version 1.5. Attempted method:
get_devices_details_list_and_failed_devices

Do I must upgrade also the neutron server di Liberty before upgrading
the compute nodes ?

In nova.conf there are the [upgrade_levels]. Looks like these are
ignored by the neutron-openvswitch-agent. There is not any similar
settings in the neutron.conf ?

thanks !

Saverio