[Openstack-operators] Who's using TripleO in production?

Fegan, Joe joe.fegan at hpe.com
Wed Aug 3 16:42:40 UTC 2016

I hear you, Matt. TripleO is great, and v useful for what it is. But I agree that in our (been-there-done-that) experience, it was never intended to be a production-ready environment - and it isn’t.

Ø  I like the idea of OOO

I do too - we all do! But in a production environment it’s currently (imho) too difficult & too volatile, and it’s hard to see how that can be fixed without a fundamental shake up.

Ø  It's amazing how many times i've seen people try to reinvent this wheel, and how many times they've outright ignored the lessons of those who went before.

Yep, I hear ya. Things like installing the node with an operating system have already been done 9,000 times. Why reinvent Cobbler, when the real Cobbler already does that? Or Crowbar, or whatever? Makes no sense.

If you have ideas let me know directly (anyone!). I’m right in the middle of HPE’s OpenStack install/upgrade work and would really like to hear where you want us to go.

Thanks,
Joe.