[Openstack-operators] Attempting to contribute code

Gerard Braad me at gbraad.nl
Wed Apr 27 01:09:02 UTC 2016

Hi Chris,

The process of setting up and contributing is detailed in the
following document [1]. But it seems you want to propose a new
project, in this have a look at [2].

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 8:10 AM, Christopher Hull <chrishull42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Off and on for the past month, I have attempted to agree to the Contributor
> License Agreement in order to get a space in Git.   For the past month,
> whenever I hit Submit, I get an error 500.

If you experience similar issues as before, please write a detailed
description of the issue you are having and post it to one of the
mailinglists [3]. Although it should be addressed to infra, you can
likely get an answer from the general mailinglist [4]. Issues like a
500 should not occur, and indicate an issue with the web application
that was missed or an edge case. Meaningful errors are of course
preferred.

> Let me know what to do.  I'd like to get this code in for review by the
> group.

But back to you project. It would be wise to discuss it on the
developer mailinglist [5] and do a call for participation. Put your
code somewhere more visible and accessible, such as Github. Most
people want to quickly browse the code before downloading a tarball.
We favor collaboration in an early stage.

Hope this is helpful.

Gerard

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/How_To_Contribute
[2] http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/creators.html