[Openstack-operators] Ops meetup: Ops Guide Working session.

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Sat Apr 23 22:51:55 UTC 2016

;tldr Help fix the OPs Guide Monday 11:15am - 11:55am Hilton Austin MR 406
etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/AUS-ops-Docs-ops-guide

OpenStack operation have grown a lot since the Operations Guide was
first written (and even since it's last major revision) both because
OpenStack as a project as grown and becasue we've become more
sophisticated as operators through experience.

Various characterizations of it's current defficiency have been made:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PAO-ops-ops-guide-fixing
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ops-guide-reorg

The initial strength of this book was all the architectural choices
and debug practices were thing the authors had done in production.  To
keep that we need some authors who operate in production to step up
and sort it out.

So if you're in Austin for the summit please stop by Monday morning.
If you're not please hit that etherpad
(https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/AUS-ops-Docs-ops-guide) with your
question, suggestions, and hopefully availibility to do some work.

Thanks,
-Jon