[Openstack-operators] [osops] Finding ways to get operator issues to projects - Starting with NOVA

Clayton O'Neill clayton at oneill.net
Tue Apr 12 14:12:29 UTC 2016

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Sean M. Collins <sean at coreitpro.com> wrote:
> Joseph Bajin wrote:
>> Maybe I'm wrong about this, maybe all the entries from the etherpads are
>> read by projects and fed into their pipelines.
>
> They might, but they also might not. There are more etherpads created
> than there is human capacity to process. Same thing with bugs and RFEs.
> Just making them isn't sufficient.
>
> My point is: Kris had success, I believe, because they went to the
> Neutron midcycle and participated directly in the development process.
> Neutron developers were informed of their need, consensus was built, and
> the work got done.

This sort of story is exactly why I think we should have the Ops
Mid-Cycle colocated with the new Design Summit replacement.  I agree
with you that it’s likely the most of the information that’s gathered
in the ether pads isn’t looked at, or isn’t in actionable form.  As an
operator it’s hard for me to justify nearly a month of travel for two
summits a year, two Ops mid-cycles a year *and* the Design Summit
replacements twice a year.