[Openstack-operators] [OpenStack-Ansible] Liberty and Ubuntu 16.04

Jesse Pretorius jesse.pretorius at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 10:18:23 UTC 2016

On 6 April 2016 at 13:50, Andreas Vallin <andreas.vallin at it.uu.se> wrote:

> Hi
> I am wondering if there will be possible to run Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with
> Liberty and the openstack-ansible project? Are you planning to "support"
> that?

Hi Andreas,

Support for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is work that will be done in the Newton cycle
and released with Newton.

Backports may be considered for Mitaka if the work is completed by Newton
Milestone-1, but it is very unlikely that it will be backported to Liberty
as that is a stable codebase which already has several production
deployments and we don't want to risk reducing their stability.

We're having a work session at the Summit for the Ubuntu 16.04 work, so if
you can make it we'd be happy to see you join us to plan out the work and
get started on some of the initial patches.

Best regards,

Jesse
IRC: odyssey4me