[Openstack-operators] [neutron][ml2] Gutting ML2 from Neutron - possible?

Adam Lawson alawson at aqorn.com
Fri Apr 1 20:07:11 UTC 2016

The Contrail team that said they are using their network product with
OpenStack without requiring a mechanism driver with the ML2 plugin. More
specifically, they said they don't use or need ML2. I didn't have a chance
to ask them to clarify so I'm wondering how that works and what is current
best practice? I think the individual misspoke but I wanted to see if this
is actually being done today.

Perhaps they replaced ML2 with something - exactly what though?

//adam

*Adam Lawson*

AQORN, Inc.
427 North Tatnall Street