[Openstack-operators] how to deal with always-growing notifications.info queue?

Matt Fischer matt at mattfischer.com
Wed Sep 30 17:38:31 UTC 2015

I'd recommend a few things. The first is you need to disable notifications
in your services including nova. You just set the notifications driver to
noop.  Second, you should have some monitoring in place that looks for
queues that go over a certain threshold. There's not a lot of queues that
should be sitting with a ton of unconsumed messages, we have Icinga checks
in place to warn us when a queue grows over 5k messages.