[Openstack-operators] "Master" keystone and "sub" keystone

RunnerCheng runner_cheng at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 28 05:47:39 UTC 2015

Hi Matt Fischer,

I'm really appreciating your help!
I think you point out the directions (regions & federation) which I need to study and research on next setp.

Best Regards,
Sam Cheng

Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 14:26:58 -0600
Subject: Re: [Openstack-operators] "Master" keystone and "sub" keystone
From: matt at mattfischer.com
To: runner_cheng at hotmail.com

As far as I know you have to do this with regions unless there's something special that can be done with federation. If you're not storing tokens in the DB (which you shouldn't be doing) I'm not sure why you'd want special read-only nodes. Where are your actual services running? Because it's not just the user getting the token, but all your services (cinder, glance, etc) need to validate that token and you'll need to determine which keystone cluster they'll be talking to.