[Openstack-operators] nova-neutron with vsphere

Federico Michele Facca federico.facca at create-net.org
Thu Sep 24 09:20:10 UTC 2015

Hi Miko,
it is possible to develop a neutron extension for achieveing your goal.
Indeed for a customer we developed a ML2 driver that creates the needed
portgroups and connect them to the right vlan in vCenter and hence when
VMware VMs are created connect them to the create portgroups. The solution
in this case is very simple, i.e. all the traffic goes through the
controller nodes (no dvr, for example using the vmware proxy compute).
Unfortunately, I don't think we can share the code (the customer retained
the IPR on it) :(

my suggestion is:
- have a look on how to create a ML2 plugin
- understand vCenter APIs

Br,
Federico

--
Future Internet is closer than you think!
http://www.fiware.org

Official Mirantis partner for OpenStack Training
https://www.create-net.org/community/openstack-training

--
Dr. Federico M. Facca

CREATE-NET